Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Response #5

I was told to read an article titled Education and the Structural Crisis of Capital. I went and I read some of it at least the first 6 paragraphs, and I noticed that it just keeps going and going, I had to stop. I really did not understand what was going on, it was just too much being said. I did understand that it was talking about the reform of public education, just like Roberson (RSAnimated) and the professor/teacher (The point).
Since I did not really understand the article, I went to YouTube and founded one of RSAnimated videos. It was titled The Crises of Capitalism and It was spoken by David Harvey. I figured if I see it illustrated, maybe it will help me understand it better, their tiles are similar. From the paragraphs I read from the article, it sounded like Harvey was talking about the same thing Foster was in the article. It helped me understand certain parts of what the article was talking about. Or at least they have the same concept and some similar views.
This is what I get from the 6 paragraphs and the video, everyone knows that our education system needs to improve, but to improve they need money. The article basically talks about the financial aspect of the economy of the education system. The whole process of the financial chain through the economy is monopoly or like playing monopoly. Our economy is not in the best position financially, which holds the educational system down; taxes can pay for so much.
Other than what I said I understood, that is all I understood from what I read. From the video, I understood a little more about the whole capitalism thing. In the video, he explained how the wages in our country keep going down, if they keep going down and not just in the U.S; they cannot make enough money to do the things they are needed. He simply said finance is the problem in our economic system, which leads to more problems.
To be honest I am really not a politic fan, I hate it, so really can’t read anything that has to do with it. Some stuff can be interesting, but it begins to get boring the more they talk, they talk entirely to much. I don’t have the attention span for things like politics and all that needs to be said in their speeches. The time it takes to read that whole article, would be about the same time it would take a politician to present his/her speech, along with some long debates.
This is all I can think of to write about the article, because it was not much I understood. To me, when you less to politicians talk, they make things sound complicated and you can tend to get lost sometimes. But I did try my best understand as least some of the paragraphs I read. Maybe it is to many kind of big words, and words I never seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment